Monday 12th January, 2015
I have been with Tesco for over three years. Late last year, I moved to a different network and got myself into a bit of a pickle – agreeing to two SIM-only contracts at one point, which I’m not going to go into detail because I brought it upon myself really (here’s a very, very vague post on that Monday).
Whilst I was with Tesco Mobile I had travelled around various parts of England and it’s fair to say that the reception was great! If there were any problems or anything that needed to be sorted (i.e. going abroad for x amount of time) their customer service helped me sorted it out and were also upbeat when greeting on the phone. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service people so big thumbs up from me.
In conclusion, Tesco Mobile get two thumbs up from me1.
- I regret leaving them. [↩]
Wednesday 7th January, 2015
I have a set of life goals but I haven’t achieved the main one yet. However, in 2014 I did have some great experiences:
- I stayed in London with a family-friend. Much to my surprise I really liked living in London ((The only other times I had been to London was for Chinese New Year and for herbal medicine (I really didn’t need medicine but, you know, parents…!), and that was around secondary school.) because there were lots of places to visit and go to, not to mention Central has all the shops you could need.
- During my stay in London I met a lot of nice people.
- As a person I have grown (not to be taken literally)…apparently London has made me more confident, which is great for a shy person like me.
- Being in my twenties I found it quite shameful that I hadn’t been to London and explored the city. That, I have now done and would definitely go back to see other things. Time permitting.
- While in London it brought back some memories of Hong Kong, with the Oyster Card, which I still sometimes accidentally refer to as the Octopus Card.
- Now I’m back in Shropshire, which was described to me as “the green place with two bushes” by a fellow exhibitor.
- I helped my friend, who exhibited her beautiful fine jewellery at Leicester. That was a great experience for us.
- Since coming back to my hometown I’ve visited my old workplace. It’s always good to see familiar faces.
- I bumped into people I went to school with and hadn’t seen…well…since school.
- More recently I went back to London for the fireworks display with some friends and family members. Waiting out in the cold for four hours is not ideal but seeing the fireworks in person was nice. I would say amazing but I’m not an overly excitable person so it felt was a little anti-climatic.
- I got to sleep in a sleeping bag for the first time. I slept well.
Sunday 14th December, 2014
Went to the gym for the first time in however many years and did proper exercise since my school years…
My cousin, who is a gym member, invited me to test out a class so yesterday morning we headed to the gym to do the body combat class. Here are somethings I realised during and after class:
- Following choreography is not my strongest point
- My jump kicks aren’t awful. I surprised myself
- Body combat is a lot of fun
- The aches that take over my body SEVERAL hours later…not so much