Wednesday 2nd September, 2015
Projects aside I have been working in improving the renders on my jewellery portfolio. Slowly. One by one. I’m understanding Vray a bit more…Maxwell, not so much but still I persevere.
Here’s the original image I submitted for a comptition:
This is the much improved render, with a little bit of Photoshopping to brighten the image:
The #pendant, entitled #Clementine, for which I received a #HighlyCommended. It was for the #HSBD #competition held by #FHinds. This is the new and improved version since gaining the #honour. #AnnieLiJewellery #aquamarine #awards #CAD #chain #contemporary #curb #design #gem #gemstone #gold #helix #jewellery #JewelleryDesign #HighStreetByDesign #plated #render #Rhino #Rhinoceros #RoseGold #silver #stonesetting #Vray
Friday 31st July, 2015
My phone is acting up. The craziness started when I put in that China SIM card, during my short trip to Shenzhen.
- Opening apps randomly
- Switching itself off
- A random .apk was downloaded onto my phone (I deleted it soon after the discovery)
- Unbearable lag
- Taking screenshots when I try to turn my phone off
- Empty window (only showing background)
- Black screen
- Green pixels, followed by black screen
I had been “soft resetting” my phone but that was only a temporary fix.
Now I’m home I’ve been feverishly backing up all my photos and updating contacts, which took two hours…! My phone has trouble communicating with my laptop still but at least all my important things have been backed up. A factory reset seems to have calmed things down but I still have to soft reset regularly because the screen keeps freezing.
Ironically, at the start of my holiday I had been contemplating on whether I should invest in a new phone but decided against it. Even though my phone is about three years old it was still functioning wonderfully. Hindsight it such a wonderful thing.
Hang in there, Xperia.
Tuesday 30th June, 2015
Whoops. I’m not a regular poster but I thought I had posted something more recently than…January. So, what have I been up to?
- Still beavering away with my own jewellery until I find full-time employment. Yep, I want to go back into full-time work because I miss the atmosphere and I really want my independence back.
- I had been taking Chinese herbal medicine for a about three months to combat TOM cramps, which were unbelievably painful. I am no longer taking it anymore and can happily say that the pain is a lot (x100) more tolerable.
- Living life a bit more by going on road trips.