Friday 31st July, 2015
My phone is acting up. The craziness started when I put in that China SIM card, during my short trip to Shenzhen.
- Opening apps randomly
- Switching itself off
- A random .apk was downloaded onto my phone (I deleted it soon after the discovery)
- Unbearable lag
- Taking screenshots when I try to turn my phone off
- Empty window (only showing background)
- Black screen
- Green pixels, followed by black screen
I had been “soft resetting” my phone but that was only a temporary fix.
Now I’m home I’ve been feverishly backing up all my photos and updating contacts, which took two hours…! My phone has trouble communicating with my laptop still but at least all my important things have been backed up. A factory reset seems to have calmed things down but I still have to soft reset regularly because the screen keeps freezing.
Ironically, at the start of my holiday I had been contemplating on whether I should invest in a new phone but decided against it. Even though my phone is about three years old it was still functioning wonderfully. Hindsight it such a wonderful thing.
Hang in there, Xperia.
Tuesday 30th June, 2015
Whoops. I’m not a regular poster but I thought I had posted something more recently than…January. So, what have I been up to?
- Still beavering away with my own jewellery until I find full-time employment. Yep, I want to go back into full-time work because I miss the atmosphere and I really want my independence back.
- I had been taking Chinese herbal medicine for a about three months to combat TOM cramps, which were unbelievably painful. I am no longer taking it anymore and can happily say that the pain is a lot (x100) more tolerable.
- Living life a bit more by going on road trips.
Monday 12th January, 2015
I have been with Tesco for over three years. Late last year, I moved to a different network and got myself into a bit of a pickle – agreeing to two SIM-only contracts at one point, which I’m not going to go into detail because I brought it upon myself really (here’s a very, very vague post on that Monday).
Whilst I was with Tesco Mobile I had travelled around various parts of England and it’s fair to say that the reception was great! If there were any problems or anything that needed to be sorted (i.e. going abroad for x amount of time) their customer service helped me sorted it out and were also upbeat when greeting on the phone. I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service people so big thumbs up from me.
In conclusion, Tesco Mobile get two thumbs up from me1.
- I regret leaving them. [↩]