As you would expect there has been a lot of reflection from people about 2008. So, since I’m an original person I’m going to follow suit. :P
Although I still have yet to cross off anything on my list I’m still happy with how things have turned out. 2008 in bullets:
- Completed my first uni. course with better grades than I anticipated. That was a squee-ing moment for me.
- Shockingly won awards. One of which led to getting published on a tiny column. Another squee-ing moment.
- Won a bet, against a Liverpool supporter. I am a proud owner of a jewellery cleaning cloth now, ha. Okay maybe not, as I gave it to my sister.
- Watched my home town almost get promoted, only just after one season in the Conference North. This season, I believe they can go one further and reach the Blue Square Premier. To quickly finish off the football talk I also saw United become English champions, European champions and World champions. Whoop.
- Continued onto the higher level from my previous course. I’m glad I continued, otherwise who knows, I might have been one of those bums who didn’t do much and fed off their parents money. (I did not intend for that to be a dig at anyone.)
- Worked 7 days a week during my summer holiday and survived, just about.
- Have broadened my music taste. That’s an achievement itself according to my siblings.
- Watched films without falling asleep mid-way, although I came close to breaking that “run” during Quarantine.
That’s probably it. Oh, and I’ve also kept this site running. Hmm…maybe I should have name this post “2008”…
Anyway, here’s to hoping that 2009 bring prosperity to everyone. Here’s also hoping that our lecture notes never fall short of a year. :P