Just thought I’d do a fun “little” update on my sims.
In a previous post I briefly mentioned my household. Since then I have added to The Bad Touch Trio household, with the addition of Italy, South Italy and Germany. I have also adopted three puppies and a cat (Bier, Champagne, Churros and Gnocchi). I have very little knowledge on the breeds but I can say I have a German Shepherd puppy.
As for each sim, here is a low down on their aspirations and personalities:
- Prussia – the first Hetalia sim I created. He fulfilled his aspirations as a superstar sportsman before I added the other members. As he was my first he practically started from the ground up and is mostly the reason the other sims are able to live comfortably. I think since the installation of some expansion packs the football games days are buggy. I always followed this cycle: work out in gym, hang out with team mates and then prepare for game. In Bridgeport he couldn’t stop winning, and by large margins, but since the move to Isla Paradiso he can’t win and his team is always getting outplayed. However, since he’s fulfilled he footballing career I opted to get him a job in the law enforcement industry, which soon became medical because he was asked to switch.
- Spain – Antonio is my favourite because he takes care of things when I ask him to (the other sometimes ignore my commands ==). His aspiration is to have a big family and in all honesty I don’t think that will be fulfilled….I mean, 5 kids? Really? His career started in journalism, where he became top anchor but judging by his work progress he wasn’t enjoying it. Then I made a vegetable and fruit garden for him to take care of and he took his own initiative to take care of it but the time and effort it took to take care of the patches wasn’t worth it, in my opinion. I installed Ambitions in an attempt to make farming his self-employment career but it took many sim hours/minutes…even with the help of Prussia and France. As he had a career in journalism and had progressed through the necessary skills I thought I’d make him a freelance writer. A blockbuster writer he became but the guy wanted contact with the outside so upon stumbling across a teaching job he took it, and quickly progressed to being the headteacher.
- France – Francis is a chef and wants to be a heart breaker. Of all aspirations to have! He almost did fulfil that but I decided to move my sims to another town, for a different scene.
- South Italy – Lovino aspired to be a Five Star Chef and that he has achieved. Not much else to say besides the fact that he gets creeped out by darkness, yet he still stands outside in the dark… == Here is a funny photo of him with his work clothes (take notice of his hair flick):
- Italy – Feliciano has already mastered the art of painting but to fulfil his aspirations he needs to master the guitar. He too, like Lovino, is afraid of the dark and seems like a very jumpy person. He also is a little agoraphobic, or maybe that’s Lovino, I forget which.
- Germany – Ludwig basically wants to be the paragon of all sims and master the physical traits (athletic, martial arts…) he all keeps the house mostly tidy! Thank goodness for that because the other sims can be a messy and never make their beds, which drives me crazy – just a little.
Since I started playing Sims 3 I’ve chosen Bridgeport as the home town because I didn’t have many expansion packs. However, since the amazing sale at Origin I have bought Pets, Ambitions, Island Paradise and World Adventures. Although city life is great, the opportunities get tedious, paparazzi1 extremely annoying (I now know they’re unavoidable and I could take away the sims celebrity status but they “worked” so hard to gain the stars I just couldn’t) and I needed a bigger plot of land to accommodate the 6 sims and 4 pets. Here is a gallery of their house I built when all 6 lived in Bridgeport:
There was originally only the ground floor and basement but with having added three other sims I built up. Aesthecally I wasn’t keen on the second floor but didn’t have room to built outwards so that’s when I moved them to Isla Paradiso. When they moved I initially chose the plot, which had sloppy land and lead to the sea. Whilst it was nice, building a house was a challenge and a difficult one for that matter. For some reason my sims couldn’t get in and out of the beach house easily and were late for work because of it. Although it didn’t really matter with Lovino much because he mostly fainted on his way to work!
This was the first house I built in Isla Paradiso:
There were a few do-overs on this particular plot. I have since built a single-floor house with a bigger plot of land.
- I know you can get a gate but for some reason mine doesn’t stop them entering my property! [↩]